jamesgangnc jamesgangnc is offline

Default Carburetor bog past 3/4 throttle

On Sep 7, 7:28 am, JamesE wrote:
I must have checked the float level 10 times before I put it back
together. Of course I could be measuring it wrong however. On my
rebuild kit it had a note that said that with four cylinder engines
experiencing rough idle and flooding that it may be necessary to
change to a spring loaded needle. So I changed it from the original
solid needle to the spring needle and then readjusted the float
level. Could this be causing the problem? Also you mentioned that I
could have put in the power valve wrong. What could have gone wrong
with it? I just put the gasket on and screwed it in. Was there
something else I should have done? Thanks, James.

One other thought I had is did you make sure that full throttle at the
controls is really opening the carb plates all the way?

Also check your accellerator pump for proper adjustment and function.

Does it always bog no matter how slowly you advance the throttle? If
it bogs even when opening the throttle slowly that does suggest a main
jet issue.