Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default What do we do about Garmin.....

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 16:31:15 -0400, HK wrote:

Vic Smith wrote:

Oddly enough, somebody is complaining about Garmin in
rec.boats.cruising. Check it out and factor it into the fundamentals.

--Vic

Someone always is complaining about something. As I mentioned, I have a
minor problem with a bit of Garmin software. It seems to be a VISTA
problem. I talked to a Garmin tech in Kansas yesterday for about an hour
as we tried to work through it. He was very knowledgeable and of course
spoke ENGLISH. We found a workaround and he escalated the problem. I got
an email today that I will be getting a call about the problem. That
seems a reasonable approach.

Now I see Tom bought a non-Garmin GPS. What I was suggesting in
reading that complaint is that one might recognize that Garmin went
big into auto GPS's, perhaps neglecting their marine arm. Now other
mfg's might be making inroads in the auto-side GPS market.
I described what I know about the stock market when I mentioned the
Retin-A and Johnson and Johnson, which is nothing, and wouldn't
think to give advice on stocks. It's not rocket science though to
suggest taking some profits in any market.
I do trade commodity futures, and have seen how market fundamentals
aren't always readily recognized.

--Vic