Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default New mid size boat - salon table size?

On 2007-08-29 20:06:42 -0400, said:

While I intend to see as many specific boats as possible in person, one thing
that struck me about two boats in particular, the Catalina 320 and Hunter 33,
was the size (or lack thereof) of their main salon table.

Get on each boat and try everything on for size. Only you can know what
will suit you.

I prefer bulkhead-mounted folding tables like Xan's (see pics below) as
we usually eat in the cockpit so a table would be in the way 99% of the
time, but when we eat at a table, I hate perching on the setee to reach
an undersized table. When we have 4 onboard, our bodies are nearly 8'
apart.

Our primary concern was that the full-time berths were sufficient. 75%
of the boats we looked at failed that test, some of them quite a bit
larger than our Xan.

--
Jere Lull
Tanzer 28 #4 out of Tolchester, MD