posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Major Milestone: the Mississippi River

wrote in message
ups.com...
katysails wrote:
Watch out for the barges....Did you know there are giganticous
catfish
in the Mississippi?

Yep
asian jumping carp too.

.... When I lved in St Louis they talked about 200
lbers....yuck....Are you going to Alton? It's a nice spot to stop
just
north of St. uis. Some nice antiqu shops etc there...

We're in Alton now, just north of the big suspension bridge. We have a
few days of visiting friends/family in the area, hopefully do some
touristy stuff too. I have been to the Arch before but there's other
good stuff here.

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
If you're going south turn east at the Ohio River and then go up the
Tennessee River then on down the Tennessee/Tombigbee Waterway.

Yep... that's our plan.... after cruising as much of the Cumberland
and Tennessee Rivers as we can. No point in arriving in the Gulf
before at least a week into November.

You're a worthless motor boater now but still I wish no harm to you
and
yours.

Gee thanks, I wish you the same. Mellowed over the years, eh?

DSK

Nope, same old Wilbur. You don't actually believe all the clueless dolts
who think I'm the Good Capt. Neal???

You can go all the way to Nashville on the Cumberland. Some beautiful
bridges there at night. Friendliest people and great fall colors on the
Cumberland. A couple of nice marinas on Lake Cumberland. I envy you that
trip. Last time I did it was about twenty years ago. Still have good
memories of it.

Wilbur Hubbard