posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default Major Milestone: the Mississippi River

katysails wrote:
Watch out for the barges....Did you know there are giganticous catfish
in the Mississippi?

Yep
asian jumping carp too.

.... When I lved in St Louis they talked about 200
lbers....yuck....Are you going to Alton? It's a nice spot to stop just
north of St. uis. Some nice antiqu shops etc there...

We're in Alton now, just north of the big suspension bridge. We have a
few days of visiting friends/family in the area, hopefully do some
touristy stuff too. I have been to the Arch before but there's other
good stuff here.

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
If you're going south turn east at the Ohio River and then go up the
Tennessee River then on down the Tennessee/Tombigbee Waterway.

Yep... that's our plan.... after cruising as much of the Cumberland
and Tennessee Rivers as we can. No point in arriving in the Gulf
before at least a week into November.

You're a worthless motor boater now but still I wish no harm to you and
yours.

Gee thanks, I wish you the same. Mellowed over the years, eh?

DSK