posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Major Milestone: the Mississippi River

wrote in message
oups.com...
This morning we entered the Mississippi River, at Grafton IL where the
Illinois River joins the big one. Both rivers are above normal level
with strong current and lots of debris, it really isn't much fun. But
it's a major milestone on the trip and we're looking forward to
getting into calmer waters.

Regards to all-
Doug

If you're going south turn east at the Ohio River and then go up the
Tennessee River then on down the Tennessee/Tombigbee Waterway. A
beautiful trip and perfect for a trawler. Get off the Mississippi as
soon as you can. It's not fit for recreational boats.

You're a worthless motor boater now but still I wish no harm to you and
yours.

Wilbur Hubbard