posted to alt.sailing.asa
katy katy is offline

Default Major Milestone: the Mississippi River

wrote:
This morning we entered the Mississippi River, at Grafton IL where the
Illinois River joins the big one. Both rivers are above normal level
with strong current and lots of debris, it really isn't much fun. But
it's a major milestone on the trip and we're looking forward to
getting into calmer waters.

Regards to all-
Doug

Watch out for the barges....Did you know there are giganticous catfish
in the Mississippi? When I lved in St Louis they talked about 200
lbers....yuck....Are you going to Alton? It's a nice spot to stop just
north of St. uis. Some nice antiqu shops etc there...