Bob Bob is offline

Default 27 Foot Boats

On Sep 6, 8:21 am, "
wrote:
On Sep 5, 9:49 pm, Bob wrote:

On Sep 4, 8:24 am, "
wrote:

Thanks. Do tell me more about the Cascade 27 and how it compares
with a Catalina 27. Is this the boat you bought in PT?

Richard

Hi Richard:

The boat I bought in PT is a Gannon built and finished 1979 Freya 39.
A bit more robust that a Cascade 27 but better suited for what I do. I
have sat on and yacked with several ownners of Cascades over the
years. They vary suprisingly in finsih and configuation realy can not
comment other than the 1970s hulls are bulit proof in that you gots
lots of hand layed glass. ALl the owners I talked to said they were
stable predictable boats. Not fast by Wilburs standards but good
boats. Just need to remember with any 1970s boat you'll replace the
rig, portlights (windows) and fuel tank; rebed all deck hardware , and
gut/ the DC/AC electric pannel and most the wire. You can either do it
right the first time or end up llike Skip & Lydia half assing piece by
piece along the road. Personally i belive cruising should be fun not
one repair after another.

Did you look at the Mahina link I left? There are lots of really sound
boats out there for where you plan on cruising. Dont get locked into
an one boat just because its popular. Take the Freya for example. NOt
many out there. Most folks haven't heard of them, but a very fine boat
fo rwhat I do. ALthough a very slow boat according to Willl burr.

If your like most, including myself, youll find toooo many boats to
consider. I'll leave you with what a surgeon friend of mine says,
"better is the enemy of good." Get a good boat, not the "best boat,"
clean it up, and go have some fun!

Bob