Default Oh deer!

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Sep 5, 3:27 pm, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On Sep 5, 12:54 pm, Chuck Gould wrote:
On Sep 5, 8:34?am, tsi-yu wrote:
They are all semi tame. Not much sport

in shooting caged bambis.

Make that BAM(!)-bye.

More and more people can live a lifetime without actually encountering
any wildlife.

On this coast, more and more wild animals are coming back. I never saw
hawks in groups of dozen or coyotes and even bears and lot's of other
animals and I spent a lot of time in the woods and fields as a kid.
Now, coyotes are quite common all over the state of CT, I have been
face to face by the lake. Bears in in NW CT, and even Fisher Cats,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisher_(animal)

in the east are making a comback. Deer, and wild turkeys by the
score, are not uncommon in Essex, although I have not seen signs of
Fox since I have been up north, but I am sure they are still around.

I beleive hunting bans are hurting, not helping in many cases. And I
do not hunt. gut, clean, eat, sure, just don't ask me to shoot it

I'm apparently running a zoo here. I've got two coyotes, a huge fox and
two
small ones, a skunk and some babies, a dozen deer, and a few turkeys (not
counting my neighbor across the street who's always trying to kill
himself
with his extension ladder). I'm happy to have the skunks. I understand
they're fond of grubs, and better mousers than cats, something I
witnessed
for the first time last week. Normally, they poke around the lawn at
night,
moving maybe an inch every 30 seconds. But one night, I stepped out onto
the
porch and a skunk came jetting out of nowhere, into the groundcover two
feet
from the porch. I've never seen a skunk move that fast - like a cat. I
just
stood real still until it left.- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, well a frekin' skunk got my dog one day and before we knew the
dog came in the house, what a frekin' mess as she sneased and rolled
all over the place. This however was some kind of nulear skunk, it
smelled like burnt rubber more than any other skunk I had ever smelled
in my life and I an not usually that adverse to the smell of good
skunk, but that's another story, this was different, and just hurt
your nose. It took us weeks to get the smell out of everything, the
stove, carpet, my old pipe, evrything was tainted. A few weeks later
we heard squealing of brakes and as we looked outside we noticed our
"friend" was now road kill. Send us to hell, but as a family we all
stood at the window and cheered I don't care how many grubs they
eat. You can have em'.

As always, the dog was the problem.