druid druid is offline

Default 27 Foot Boats

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 10:01:44 -0700, Capt. JG wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 15:24:10 -0000, "
said:

Does anyone have any comments on the C27, or alternative boats of this
size ?

You might take a look at the CS27. We looked at a lot of Catalina 27s
before
buying our CS. The CS is just a small amount faster, and is a well-built
Camper and Nicholson design. It does carry a slightly greater draft than
the
Catalina unless you get it in the shoal draft version.

I've sailed a C27 for several years. They're fairly bullet-proof and sail
well. You can also get them for a very decent price and in good shape if
you're willing to look carefully.

Not very many CS 27's here on the West Coast. Also, didn't like the
outboard rudder - for one thing, how do you convert to wheel steering if
you want to?

True, it's a well-made, good sailing boat, but just not a lot of them out
here (and would cost $5K to ship one from the East).

Ditto the Ericson 28: a VERY nice boat, but can't find one out here.
(Lots of E27's, which are COMPLETELY different - very slow!)

OTOH, you Easterners (and US) are devoid of the Venerable Crown 28 - an
exellent boat built here in North Van.

druid
http://www.bcboatnet.org