posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Fantastic Sailing again!

Its not really worth spending any time on this. In true booby form,
he
first told the story with winds "just short of whitecaps" but then
after
I showed that it would take winds over 20 knots he changes the
story
to "gusts over 20."

Uh, Jeff, do you KNOW when white caps form. Check the BEAUFORT WIND
SCALE, which says crested WAVELETS at 17-21 knots. Full whitecaps
around 22-27 knots and this is ESTIMATED. Yesterday we had some winds
above 20 knots and NO whitecaps formed. You're just a numbers guy,
Jeff. The trouble is, everything with sailing and the water is very
variable.

In other words, he agreed completely with me and
simply changed his story to make sense.

We passed the NS36 with main alone. TWICE. Wind conditions we 15-20
knots with some strong gusts above that. Steady winds 22-27 knots
usually bring whitecaps on protected waters, Jeff.

As for the rating of the NS 36 SD, USSailing lists it as 141

Yep, so Jeff claims the NS36 is right there with a J30, Express 30 and
so on! BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA! 141 with the NS 36's slow drive out of the
pocket due to it's weight is just hilarious! There is no way Jeff has
sailed fast monohull boats, NO WAY AT ALL.

Around here, the NS 36 rates 165. And that's that. The way we sail by
all Nonsuch vessels reflects that rating. Nothing beats real world
experience, Jeff. I'm out there sailing while you pull out books and
parrot numbers.

RB
35s5
NY