Larry Larry is offline

Default Dropcord Pricing...

Wayne.B wrote in
:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 05:40:09 +0000, Larry wrote:

If I bought a 50' 50A 125/250 DROPCORD from Waste Marine Pirates with a
new 50A hull connector to wire the really nice French GFI to....IT

WOULD
COST NEARLY $800!

You might do better if you buy the wire at Home Despot or Lowes and
put on your own connectors. I know that HD used to sell yellow, heavy
duty multi-conductor cable. If not you should be able to order it
from any good electrical supplier.

I think the answer is to hang a dual 15A breaker box, out from the 50A
plug on the dock, then I can use a STANDARD #14 drop cord, safely, and
have plenty of 240VAC power for the French stuff in the boat. 15A =
3.6KVA at that voltage, more than enough to power everything in the boat!

It's really stupid marinas put megadock power systems on 35' finger piers
that need 20A of 115/230VAC for sailboats.

Larry
--
Search youtube for "Depleted Uranium"
The ultimate dirty bomb......