[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Volvo Penta V8 Overheating

On Sep 4, 9:36 am, wrote:
On Sep 4, 9:02 am, Jake S wrote:

My son has a 2000 Four Winns with a 5.7L V8 Volvo Penta (with the dual
props) and it over heats when there is a large group of people on the
boat and under throttle. The first thing I would check is the
waterpump impeller. I read somewhere that that Volvo Penta doesn't
have one in the outdrive (as my OMC or Old Merc did) - If that is the
case - where is it and can a boat owner with mechanical ability check
it? Are there any other suggestions as to what could be causing this
problem? He bought it used earlier this year - it runs great and he
has done nothing to it.

Awesome, what a future this kid has...

Holy crap, wrong thread, I was talking about the racer Chucks group
sponsors, sorry Jake,