posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Guess who?

"Lloyd Bonafide" wrote in message
Now who can this be:

This kind of narcissist jealously guards his possessions - his
collections, his furniture, his cars, his children, his women, his
money, his credit cards...

Objects comfort this type of narcissist. They remind him of his
status. They are linked to gratifying events and, thus, constitute
Secondary Sources of Narcissistic Supply. They attest to the
narcissist's wealth, his connections, his achievements, his
friendships, his conquests, and his glorious past. No wonder he is so
attached to them. Objects connected with failures or embarrassments
have no place in his abode. They get cast out.

Moreover, owning the right objects often guarantees the uninterrupted
flow of Narcissistic Supply. A flashy car or an ostentatious house
help the somatic narcissist attract sexual partners. Owning a high
powered computer and a broadband connection, or a sizable and
expensive library, facilitate the intellectual pursuits of the
cerebral narcissist. Sporting a glamorous wife and politically correct
kids is indispensable in the careers of the narcissistic politician,
or diplomat.

The narcissist parades his objects, flaunts them, consumes them
conspicuously, praises them vocally, draws attention to them
compulsively, brags about them incessantly. When they fail to elicit
Narcissistic Supply - admiration, adulation, marvel - the narcissist
feels wounded, humiliated, deprived, discriminated against, the victim
of a conspiracy, and generally unloved.

Objects make the accumulator narcissist. They are an integral part of
his pathology. This type of narcissist is possessive. He obsesses
about his belongings and collects them compulsively. He "brands" them
as his own. He infuses them with his spirit and his personality. He
attributes to them his traits. He projects to them his thwarted
emotions, his fears, his hopes. They are an integral part of him,
inseparable, providing emotional succour.

Such a narcissist says: "My car is daring and unstoppable", or "How
clever is my computer!", or "My dog is cunning", or "My wife craves
attention". He often compares people to the inanimate. Himself he
regards - literally, not only figuratively or metaphorically - as a
computer or sex machine. His wife he views as some kind of luxury
good.

The narcissist loves objects and relates to them - which he fails to
do with humans. This is why he objectifies people - it makes it easier
for him to interact with them. Objects are predictable, reliable,
always there, obedient, easy to control and manipulate, universally
desired.

hmmmm?

Very good, Lloyd! The Boobster is so identifies with objects that he
long ago became an object of scorn and ridicule in this very group.

Wilbur Hubbard