John H. John H. is offline

Default Yo Tim!

On Sat, 01 Sep 2007 10:28:41 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:37:01 -0700, Tim wrote:

No Vic, I've never boated in the winter, even though I know some real
die-hards who feesh out of a boat as long as the water isn''t frozen
over.

Like me. I've been known to go fishing on Webster Lake with skim ice
the day before Christmas.

This summer I chartered with a guide on Lake Murray and he told me he
had a charter once in late January. Temperature was 17 or so and
winds were upwards of 20. He called the client and kinda gave a hint
that it might be better to wait a couple of days before until the
weather got warmer and the client said "What the hell kind of guide
are you?".

ROTFL!!

Turns out the two guys were from Alaska.

Tom, put on your boat knowledge hat for a minute. I'm being offered a Key
West, 18', CC, with the Yamaha 4stroke 150 HP and aluminum trailer for
about $28K.

A Scout, with the same engine, etc, would run about $4-5K more. Are they
worth it?
--
***** Hope your day is better than decent! *****

John H