Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Mast wiring connectors.

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 20:34:28 -0500, "KLC Lewis"
wrote:

I used to race on a boat called a B-29 that had a conventional lead
keel and a conventional spinnaker, a displacement hull to all
appearances. Sail area was a bit on the high side however, and on a
windy broad reach it could get onto plane and do 18 kts, about 3x hull
speed.

It strikes me that a boat that can get onto plane isn't a displacement hull,
all appearances aside. :-)

I understand your point but you can get almost any boat with a more or
less flat bottom to plane under the right conditions.