Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Yo Tim!

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:29:57 -0000, Tim wrote:

On Aug 31, 5:17 pm, Vic Smith wrote:
Haven't seen you around much.
Been taking the Marquis out? And did you ever
blast or chip the trailer?

--Vic

Hi Vic. Actually I do contribute several posts here on the rec.boats,
but in some of the longer threads, I suppsoe one can get lost in the
shuffle.

Nah, I've seen you around, just not much on what's going on with the
Marquis for a couple months.

Yes, I hve taked the Marquis out quite a bit this summer, and it's
really been a joy. I usually take it to the big lake (Carlyle) that
is, when it isn't blistering hot, which lately has been dominant with
high humidity. It's been great! I did use the chisel on many of the
rough spots on the trailer but didn't get it all done, jsut the worst,
I would suppose.

That's how I do my cars, just the rough spots. I don't enter any
beauty contests. And I was wondering if the weather was keeping
you in. Up here it seems the last couple months have been hot or
rainy or both after a good start on the summer.

But for a quickafter hr. romp, I take the little Chris Craft 169
Scorption to the small lake (Omega at Forbes state park) Make a few
laps, lob around and swim a bit.

Both boats are fun for their now designated purposes, and even though
I really haven't enjoyed boating as much this year ans I wish that I
could (every weekend, etc.) I've still gone out quite a bit. I'd like
to go out thisweekend, but my son is up from Tenn. with his wife and
new baby, and I'd like to spend time at home with them. Don't want to
take the sweet little 8 mo. old out tot he lake... And concerning
Monday, my plans got changed. The band I play bass in, is playing at
a local, and rather large Labor Day festival. That'll be fun too!
Next weekend we play at a local Fall Festival, so thats also out, but
there's plenty of time left, and I'm going to take advantage of it.

When do you usually say your boating season is done down there?
Do you ever boat in the winter?

--Vic