Larry Larry is offline

Default Hey Larry

Gordon wrote in news:13dds11egm3eme2
@corp.supernews.com:

Can I marry my Icom 710 (159 wtt) to an SCG 237 (100 wtt)?
Thanks

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1103

I suppose you could. Noone said you had to run the Icom wide open,
right? If you blow the 237, you'll be out several hundred dollars,
though....not good. The SGC 235 is rated for 500 watts, giving you a
little headroom for those frequencies where the whip or backstay has
especially high end impedance. The 235 will also be much more efficient
with larger inductors that have less internal resistance turning your RF
into heat.

It would work, but I don't, personally, recommend overpowering any
antenna tuner, who run on the ragged edge of self-destruction on lots of
frequencies.

Larry
--
How long will it be before the American Illuminati Government
turns its depleted uranium weapons on Americans?