Greg O

Default The Latest Bush-ism...

"." .@. wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:19:17 -0400, "thunder" wrote:

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:41:41 +0000, wrote:

Is it just my newsreader? If so, I'll complain to Forte.

I don't know if it is just your newsreader. I'm using Pan and it is
still the same thread, albeit a different header.

What do you mean, "different header"? Subject line? If so, that is my
point.

Let me rephrase my question. Did the subject change between the
original post and the post from Jim? It certainly appears to me that
it did. What is a newsreader supposed to do, ignore the required
"Subject: " header and go exclusively by the "Message-ID: " header? I
think not.

That's what happens when you use one of these high performance newsreaders!
Go old OE could care less what the header reads. It groups them because it
is a response to the previous post. Change the header completely in your
response and OE still sticks it where it belongs!

Just pulling your chain a bit. I have used a few different news readers, but
stick with OE. It is simple, and it does what I want.
Greg