Capt. JG Capt. JG is offline

Default Mast wiring connectors.

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:33:24 -0700, "Capt. JG"
wrote:

My Sabre has connectors hidden inside the mast under a plate. I'm really
glad I have them, since my steaming light was intermittent and I couldn't
find the problem until I replaced the connectors. Definitely easier than
restringing wire.

Since it was the connector caused the problem, I fail to see how
fixing it was easier than leaving a good [continuous] wire alone. The
connector was the problem, not the solution. Simpler is most often
better. You may need to remove the mast, so they put a break in the
wires, at the expense of reliability. Nothing is ever free.

Casady

Nothing is free, but it sure is easier to fix than restringing the wire.
This arrangement allows me to add instrumentation without having to pull
wire around a lot of corners for example. Given that the wiring is at least
in part from 1982, I think it's done pretty well.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com