Bob Bob is offline

Default New mid size boat - salon table size?

On Aug 29, 5:06 pm, wrote:
Hello;

I am in the mid-stages of shortlisting a new(or nearly new) Great Lakes cruising
boat.

While I intend to see as many specific boats as possible in person, one thing
that struck me about two boats in particular, the Catalina 320 and Hunter 33,
was the size (or lack thereof) of their main salon table.

Hello:

Consider this............

I have a 39.3' x 11.3' sailboat. Besides tearing out that table thing
in the cockpit bolted the the pedistal I also removed the table in the
salon. Big wast of space. I chose to eat on the floor as does most the
world. Also much easier to eat when in heavy seas. No, Im not talking
about a Skip Gundlack 4 sea state. I mean real weather. The kind ya
gota wedge urself in to keep from getting thrown around.

If you want to entertain a group get a 40' cat or a scow schooner, or
better yet do what one guy did............. 2"x 6"...... 1/2" CDX ply
a few 55 gal drums and an old 24' travel trailer on top. Lots of room
dude....
Bob