Woodchuck

Default Trailer Hitch Questions

Towing that far I would grease the ball to prevent wear and friction.
Remember as you drive along the your truck bounces the coupler move up and
down.

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
I'm about to tow my 24 ft I/O (5,000+ lbs) from NY to Florida with a
newly purchased trailer. In the process of shaking everything down in
advance, I've noticed that the hitch ball is getting scratched up
quite a bit. Question 1, is this normal or should I be concerned?
Question 2, would it make sense to pre-lube the hitch ball with a
light coat of grease or is that a bad idea?