posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Another Blow to Sloco!

It is really pathetic to read this stuff. We all know that you only do
short day sailing with a little toddler on board and a crew of people who
look as if they are just out for a day sail and are certainly anything but
racing crew.

Well some of them do race, but we don't. What's wrong with that?

is how fast your boat is and how you are going to get deck sweeping 150%
(or more) mylar genoas and other sails quite unsuitable for the type of
sailing you do and the type of people you take for crew.

That's silly. I get nice sails because I enjoy tweaking the boat, just
like I enjoy a performance car. What's wrong with that?

You mock people
who have boats that suit their own requirements while you yourself sail a
boat whose potential you can never really achieve.

Sloco has been "mocking" me and the 35s5 from day 1, even though
racing does not interest us. What do you have to say to him? Or is
this critism only for me, and does not apply to others like Jeff or
Bart, who boast that the way they use thier boats is best?

That is why you probably
never go far from your dock

Block Island is about the limit for now. So?

Your crew could probably not cope with reefing
and a change of foresail if it suddenly came on to blow while you were out.

That's silly. I've reefed all of my boats...sometimes not quickly
enough. With the 35s5 I generally fly under the main alone in heavy
air and she does great. That was one of the reasons I wanted the 35s5
and the fractional rig.
Of course the bottom line...my boat is BEST!

RB
35s5
NY