Skip Gundlach Skip Gundlach is offline

Default August 25 - Well, that about winds it up.

On Aug 27, 10:06 pm, Ryk wrote:
On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 03:04:39 -0000, in message
om
Skip Gundlach wrote:

However, the end result was a misplaced line which not
only inconvenienced us in using another sail, it destroyed (for
our purposes) a new and expensive line. Anybody need a 50' with
snap shackle, and 70' bare, 7/16" white (red trace, trade mark)
Sta-SetX line?

Spare sheets? Reef lines?

Ryk

Hi, Ryk,

I was being a bit facetious and ironic.

Actually, I have all the prior running rigging, and am overwhelmed
with line, having already stored a few thousand feet of various line
before we ever cast off the dock lines. The arch is adorned with
bundles of line; the rails at bow and stern are crowded, and that's
just the stuff we expect we might use regularly; there's an entire
half of our aft lazarette, under the floor I built, which is solely
spare line of numerous sizes and types..

No doubt they'll find a use somewhere - but Sta-SetX is a very hard
and stiff line (extremely low stretch) and not particularly well
suited for the kinds of line which abounds aboard - reefing, sheets,
lashings, moorings, etc.). So, I thought that someone might have a
more direct use than I for the remains...

Right now we're stuck in inertia, not doing much of anything, but we
confirmed with a sailmaker that our man is on its last legs. Rather
than paying for a repair on a sail which doesn't warrant a further
expense, we'll sail it with a single reef, and look for another. Our
constant movement will make that somewhat challenging, but we're
considering ordering something which could be installed in Annapolis
when we're there for the show and the SSCA GAM.

L8R

Skip and Lydia