Harry Krause

Default Morse Controls, which lever is...

WaIIy wrote:
On 28 Jun 2004 20:21:03 -0700, (the game,
man.) wrote:

I just purchased a preowned Parker 2520xl with dual Morse Controls for
each station. Each control has a both a red and a black-knobbed lever.
Is the red lever for rpm adjustments and the black lever for
forward/reverse engagement? Also, for starting the engine, can I
assume the neutral lever positions are straight up on the transmission
engage lever and then full aft for the rpm lever?

Thanks,
--Brett

I find it odd that each control had a red and black knob. Usually the
throttles are on the same control and the shifters are on the other
control.

Maybe the guy just liked to alternate his knobs.

I suspect the original poster is not completely familiar with
terminology. I think he has but one engine, and that there is a Morse
dual handle control at each station...that is...a separate throttle and
shifter handle at each station, as opposed to a single-lever control at
each station.

My Parker is equipped that way...a separate shift and throttle lever at
each station.