Rosalie B. Rosalie B. is offline

Default List of Post Offices on the ICW

tom wrote:

Anybody know of a list of post offices close to ICW that will accept
General Delivery? Thought maybe somewhere someone compiled a
list of post offices (zips, ph. #, address/directions) that are
convenient
to a dinghy docks, boat ramps, etc
Tom

Why would a PO not 'accept' General Delivery?

The real problem for us is that the USPS now charges $10/week to
forward bulk packages of mail (that is to put the mail in a box and
forward it from our home PO. So the forwarding is done by the piece,
and you can't be sure that you have gotten it all at any one place.
Also it takes a couple of days to a week for each change of address.

If you use a mail-forwarder, they will do whatever you ask them to do
with the mail, and that includes sending it to General Delivery of
course

The only guide that I know of that includes dinghy docks etc is
"Managing the Waterway". I know that Key West does have a whole PO
section for General Delivery but while they have dinghy docks, I don't
think they are that close to the PO. Cruiser's sometimes pick up their
mail at Sunset Beach, but I don't know how convenient Sunset Beach is
as I've never been to their PO.

Places which (based on experience) that I think would be easy to pick
up mail include Elizabeth City, Belhaven, Oriental, Beaufort,
Wrightsville Beach, or Swansboro, NC. In SC, Georgetown,
McClellansville, Charleston and Beaufort. I guess Thunderbolt and
Jekyll in GA, and Fernandina Beach, St. Augustine, Titusville, Cocoa,
Vero Beach and Marathon in Florida.

You can also have it forwarded to a marina.