posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Catamarans have something extra....

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message

However, I accept the challenge you yourself proposed:

You
now have 15
minutes to come up with a better idea.

'Breather tubes' in all eight corners.
However, they must be designed to not let rain water

in. And
the reefer units would need some kind of insulation in

them.

SBV

As has already been pointed out by others, shipping

containers are not
airtight or watertight, and fail to sink only because of

the buoyancy (if
any) of their contents.

Most empty containers float due to the trapped air in them.

Well, I gave you half an hour and you've still not come up

with a better
idea. Guess you lose, eh? :-D

You guessed wrong

I didn't say my idea was perfect, or even plausible, but it
definitely is WAY better than your stupid idea of ''loading
all containers''.

SBV

Whatever you say, Wilbur. Read the thread. From the beginning.