posted to alt.sailing.tall-ships,uk.rec.sailing

Default Tall Ships Youth Trust is to sell one of its brigs

"Ronald Raygun" wrote in message
k...

On 2007-08-24 17:33:32 -0700, "Wilbur Hubbard"
said:
Wrong! the only thing that makes it a brigantine is the fact it
carries a gaff mainsail. If it carries no gaff mainsail then it's a
brig.

Brig:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady_Washington

Nope! Since she carries a gaff mainsail that makes her a brigantine.
Brigs carry ONLY square sails on both masts.

I don't believe this is true, and as you have failed to accede to my
request for independent authoritaive corroboration of your mistaken
interpretation, I conclude that you to take part in this discussion
like a grown-up, and that I was wrong to give the benefit of the
doubt, thinking that you might - for once - not be trolling.

Your behaviour just doesn't cut the mustard. I should have listened
to Martin!

Goodbye.

I guess you didn't bother reading the post way up the thread where I
linked to three different dictionary definitions that support my
contentions. Or, perhaps you did and you've concluded you lost the
argument so you're acting like you're giving up because I didn't argue
your way or do further research for you. Well, whoop-de-doo. Good
riddance to ya. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Wilbur Hubbard