Lloyd Sumpter

Default new Merc 9.9hp - 4 stroke

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 18:54:08 +0000, Bill Kiene wrote:

Mercury has just released a new very light 9.9hp - 4 stroke.

It weighs 84# and has a handle for carrying. This is the lightest 4 stroke 9.9hp
made right now.

In many places in the world there are 10hp limits like on some of the lakes in
BC, Canada.

http://www.mercurymarine.com/9.9_fourstroke3

I just bought one for the 12ft skiff. It's SWEET! It is definitely light enough
to carry around, just like a 2-stroke. Lots of power: the boat used to have a
15hp Johnson seahorse (all "tagging" removed so I didn't have to license it...),
and the 9.9 pushes it just as fast. *BIG* difference in pollution factor,
though!

It also has a combined shifter/throttle - the twist-grip works just like the
lever on a remote control. I would think this would make it easier to convert to
remote as well.

Clean, guiet and light - almost as good as electric!

Lloyd Sumpter
"Skeeder" Mirrocraft 12