[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Mast wiring connectors.

On Aug 26, 6:29 am, "Armond Perretta"
wrote:
terry wrote:

I cannot be sure off the top of my head but there may be a requirement for
at least some fore-and-aft separation between the r/g and the "all-around"
white. It may be useful to check this in the regs. Certainly there is a
limitation on boat size with this setup.

The size limit is 12 meters (~39 feet). I don't think there is any
horizontal placement requirement for the sidelights. The all-round
white probably needs to be forward of amidships. That shouldn't be a
problem on a typical rig. But, I agree that checking the regs is a
great idea. In the US the Coast Guard will answer questions on
regulations and they are the controlling authority. It might also be
nice to have a note from them to show surveyors, marina inspectors and
the like. For US sailors the regs live in 33 CFR 84 and should be
included as an annex in your copy of the rules.

I am in total agreement about the vis of lights high in the rig from
small boats or boats that are close. This problem can be worse with
some LED set-ups. At anchor lighting the deck is a good idea. We've
used garden lights on the corners of the boat though they tend to get
pretty dim by morning in the tropics. They may work better in higher
lat summers.

-- Tom.