posted to rec.boats.electronics
Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default WiFi for boats

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:28:25 GMT, Bruce in Alaska
wrote:

I need a "Device" that will allow him to use his LapTop
in the cabin, via Ethernet to the "Device", which will be located
down at the BoatHouse. I can deal with all the extra items, like
External Gain Antennas, POE (Power over Ethernet), ect, but I need
some suggestions on what the "Device" should be, and who makes the best
units.

Here are a couple of other possibilities:

http://wlanparts.com/product/NCB-3220

http://wlanparts.com/product/NOC-3220

http://wlanparts.com/product/NOC-3220PLUS

I'm using a 3220 on my boat as a long range client with good results.