Default OT Pets aboard? Cats, in particular...

"Richard Casady" wrote in message
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 00:35:34 -0000, Skip Gundlach
wrote:

[Good stuff snipped]

The battleship Bismarck had a cat, name of Oscar. The cat survived the
sinking and was picked up by the British destroyer Cossack, which was
torpedoed in the Med. Transferred to Ark Royal, he survived when that
ship met a U-boat three weeks later. He ended up in a sailor's home in
Belfast.
http://www.pittelli.com/NABS/TALES.HTM

I think if I took a cat with me, I would also carry a fisherman's dip
net.

Casady

Good idea when underway.

What people who love their cats do when anchored is hang a bit of net or
carpet over the transom where the cat can climb back on if it falls off.
Cat's generally don't like to swim but are pretty good swimmers.

Wilbur Hubbard