Peggie Hall Peggie Hall is offline

Default Question for Peggie

Herodotus wrote:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 06:17:16 -0700, wrote:

Peggie

The head on our boat is a 3 year old Wilcox Headmate. Should there be
any recirculation of the bowl contents happening when one flushes this
head? Either I have just noticed it or the recirculation is getting
worse.

It can happen sometimes in still water if the inlet for the pump is
near the outlet.

Good point, Peter...but as Bruce noted, unlikely here unless the boat is
at sea beyond the "3 mile limit" where flushing directly overboard is
legal.

You also make the case for putting the toilet intake forward of the
discharge...'cuz if it's aft of the discharge, the toilet can recycle
the discharge even when the boat is underway.

It's a simple matter to determine whether a toilet is recirculating: if
it is, you'll see waste mixed with the flush water coming out the
holes in the rim of the bowl. If the flush water is clean, the toilet
isn't recirculating...the problem is downstream of the toilet, most
likely a blocked tank vent.

--
Peggie