[email protected] brucedpaige@gmail.com is offline

Default Question for Peggie

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 17:59:48 +1000, Herodotus
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:38:39 -0400, "Wilbur Hubbard"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Peggie

The head on our boat is a 3 year old Wilcox Headmate. Should there be
any recirculation of the bowl contents happening when one flushes this
head? Either I have just noticed it or the recirculation is getting
worse.

I'd be grateful for your comments before I open up the head.

Many thanks

Matt

As usual, Peggie tries to act like God Almighty and impress with her
usual line of bull but neglects to answer a simple question. Maybe she
can't read too well.

The answer to your question is NO. There should be no re-circulation of
the waste stream. But it can happen if the pump plunger seal is bad. The
same pump that draws in ambient water also pumps out the sewage. If the
plunger seal is bad there can be mixing of waste and ambient water in
the pump which will result in recirculation.

You need to install a pump rebuild kit. That should take care of your
problem.

Wilbur Hubbard

It can happen sometimes in still water if the inlet for the pump is
near the outlet.

Peter

Ahhhh Peter, these people are in the U.S.A. where you don't pump the
brown stuff overboard. You keep it.

Bruce in Bangkok
(brucepaigeATgmailDOTcom)