Herodotus Herodotus is offline

Default OT Pets aboard? Cats, in particular...

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 22:38:39 -0400, Rosalie B.
wrote:

Skip Gundlach wrote:
snip
Practical concerns have to do with our leaving the boat, as well as
entry/departure from various foreign countries, assuming we ever do
something different than cruise the US (we had expected to start in
the Bahamas and work our way south, spending, essentially, the rest of
our lives in the Eastern Caribbean).

There is a problem for animals in almost all English colonies - I no
longer remember exactly which ones.

I do hope that you are not referring to EX English "colonies" such as
Australia (independent 1900), New Zealand (1908), Malaysia (1957) and
so on. I do believe that the English have very few "colonies" today.
As the great English comedian said "The British Empire ends at Charing
Cross Station"

In fact, the US empire has more colonial possesions that Britain even
if you exclude Iraq.

Sorry to burn, but some of the bloody English still refer to us
Antipodeans patronisingly as "colonials"

regards
Peter