RichG

Default Do large outboards need hydraulic steering?

I had hyd. steering on a 150 hp on a BW copy (Gulf Coast). However, the HP
wasn't the deciding factor as to the need for hyd. steering.

It was due to the fact that I had a jack plate, and the engine was way above
the "normal" water position that caused the need for the hyd. steering,
IMHO.
--
RichG manager, Carolina Skiff Owners Group on MSN
http://groups.msn.com/CarolinaSkiffOwners
"tbd" wrote in message
I am thinking of buying a Lund with a 150 or 200 hp 4 stroke. The dealer
opinions on the necessity of hydraulic steering seem to be based on what
they have in stock.

I am interested in any real life experiences with larger engines
with/without hydraulic steering.

Thank you