posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Paul Cassel Paul Cassel is offline

Default San Diego Vacation

Ronald Hugh Roberts wrote:
Dear Group[s];

My sweetie and I are headed to San Diego next week for five
days of vacation around Labour Day. Her youngest son lives
there, but he's not a boat owner.

Anyone have any suggestions about the best way to tour the
harbour and surrounding marine environs? Day cruise, beach
visit, naval enlistment, etc. I want to see the Marine Museum
and the Midway exhibit, but we have five days and I'm pretty
ignorant about California.

Thanks in advance.

ron [relurking]

Check the Yellow Pages or the Internet (you have access, it seems) for
boat rentals. This time of year, it'll be pretty calm so see if you can
get a minor motor boat.

Also be sure to check out the Star of India sailboat moored at the city
dock.