posted to alt.sailing.asa
Ronald Hugh Roberts Ronald Hugh Roberts is offline

Default bilge pump maintenance

In article . com,
Ringmaster wrote:
My boat only has a manual bilge pump. What's really a waste is an
electric bilge pump. They just pump until the battery goes dead and
then the boat sinks.

Or the waterwitch sensor gets filmed by dirt or oil, and the pump remains
on, pumping air until it bursts into flames and burns down Clear Lake
Shores [perhaps spreading down the road to Texas City where the refinery
catches during a norther and takes out Galveston].

When people ask me where I'm from, I respond, "I'm not from anywhere, I'm
still in Texas. It's hard to get out of." From my home in Austin, it's
a three and a half hour drive to the boat.

If you can afford your dream boat, you're not dreaming hard enough.

ron
--
Ron Roberts or
Phone (512) 971-1614