posted to alt.sailing.asa
Seahag Seahag is offline

Default Just plain crazy? Katrina boat

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:

"roger" wrote:
Joe wrote:
Some fellow just had a lord nelson 41 trucked in that
was tore up bad
during Katrina. Has a big hole in the bottom (sloppy
patch) crushed
deck to cabin top joint at the rail about 4 ft. Was
completly under in
the muddy salt water, engine and wiring shot. All the
outstanding wood
work below is intact, but now has a mud induced gray
tone to it..very
un-even. No mast...no rigging, hatches gone,

Will cost 125K+ to fix up.....

Why not just buy a good one for 25K more?

He bought it salvaged. Bet he paid too much.

Some people are crazy. But...it is a very nice
boat..fixed up that
is...even if it's fiberglass.

Joe

He will learn the hard way unless he enjoys projects.
Some people love
projects more than sailing it seems.

I've noticed sailors can be lumped into two different
groups.
1) those who sail and enjoy sailing and work on their
boats sparingly
2) those who claim to enjoy sailing but spend all their
time working on a boat and never sailing it.

Capt. Rob is an example of the first and Haggie the
second.

Ya got that right. However, we did get a lot more boat than
we ever could have afforded at the time or even now. I
still wouldn't buy the Katrina boat unless the guy is in
love with projects and has tons of dough and no damn kids.

Seahag