posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default bilge pump maintenance

On Aug 23, 10:20 am, "Capt. JG" wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Aug 23, 12:21 am, Ringmaster wrote:
My boat only has a manual bilge pump. What's really a waste is an
electric bilge pump. They just pump until the battery goes dead and
then the boat sinks.

Ever hear of a float switch ?

I have electric, manual and gasoline.

Joe

Well, float switches do jam open (or closed) occasionally, but I have a
manual and electric (2). I'd rather have a dead battery than a sunk boat.

--
"j" ganz

You are correct Jon, but it's rare if you keep things clean and neat.
Remember that's what an Amp meter and a voltage meter is for. I watch
for cycles and make sure I do not have a steady pump running. My AC
drips into a sump box, with the shower, so I always look at the amp
meter to make sure the float switches are all working right.

Joe