Larry Larry is offline

Default Battery Electrolyte..

"Roger Long" wrote in news:46cc26d5$0$18984
:

You are spot on with this comment.

My other question is why we're not turning all that waste heat going up
the stack into ELECTRIC POWER! There are many heat-to-electrical power
devices available, some now very modern and efficient, that can be used
to create almost as much electric power as the alternators running off
the fanbelts create. Why aren't we recovering this, now that fuel is so
precious and expensive?

We should be able to run quite a powerful genset off a Stirling Engine
getting its heat from the exhaust manifold. Hell, it should be PART OF
the exhaust manifold. No more lagging hot exhausts. Millions of Btus
just going to waste. How silly.

The only thing I find boaters doing with the waste heat is heating the
hot water tank from the engine cooling system....another source of
immense power that goes untapped!

We inherited a forced air diesel heater on Lionheart, an Amel Sharki 41
that homeported in San Francisco and cruised the NW. Here in SC, we
replaced it with a marine AC, more beneficial to our hot climate. I know
it's a sailboat, but why didn't this boat use HOT WATER HEATERS? What a
waste without one.

Well, just dreaming....(c;

Larry