[email protected] potomac101@yahoo.com is offline

Default Winch

I could use some help regarding winches.

I have a boat that I keep on a trailer. I can hand winch the boat onto
the trailer, but I need a winch that will pull the trailer out of the
water. I don't have a hitch on my car.

I think that one of the Gorilla brand winches would work (inexpensive,
reliable, etc.), but I have some questions.

Will I be able to permanently mount it to a post without too much
hassle?

Does the switch have to be held the entire time of operation or can I
get the trailer moving and attend to other things while it moves up
the bank? Doesn't it cut off automatically?

Can the winch be wired directly to a battery without some type of
fusing system?

The boat is a 15 ft aluminum Lund w/ a 35 HP outboard. W/ trailer the
pulling weight can't be too much. Is there an advantage to getting a
winch w/ more pulling power?

Any suggestions that you have would be appreciated.

Thanks,
mrmac