Larry Larry is offline

Default Battery Electrolyte..

(Richard Casady) wrote in
:

Yes. Mine came with some strontium nitrate which is a good enough
oxidiser to make gunpowder. And a strip of magnesium ribbon. Those
were the days. The local supermarket still has saltpeter.

Casady

The most fascinating things in Mom's cupboard was Parson's Household
Ammonia, Draino, Vanish toilet acid and bleach! With those, you could
bring small 3rd world countries to their knees in an hour!...(c;

The Class of '64, my high school class, was responsible for clearing the
school and cancelling a day of classes to the delight of everyone but the
staff. A girl, whos name I won't repeat, left a chlorine generator
running in a chem lab sink. It filled the sink with heavy chlorine,
which ran across the lab table, across the floor, and the heating system
sucked it under the door out into the hall where it picked up the green
cloud and dutifully distributed it throughout the building. We're
talking fairly heavy concentrations by the time it ran out of fuel! The
first janitor in the building managed to stagger back out the door in
retreat before he collapsed on the back porch until his lungs cleared.
School got a day off as huge fans were brought in to ventilate the place.

As a parrot person, another really dangerous chemical every house has is
Pam cooking spray. The propellant in Pam, sprayed on a really hot pan,
not even toxic teflon, will kill your parrots many rooms away with deadly
Phosgene gas used on the troops in WW1. Of course, overheated Teflon
kills throughout the house. Birders never have teflon cookware...birds
are big money!

Larry