posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Rob's friends sail cut

Hey, Joe.

Doug's tone in this group has become decidedly bitter. Don't take
offence at it. Consider that you have what he doesn't: A woman who's
willing to SAIL with him. Doug's wife forced him into a POWERBOAT and
that's a fact. His comment about boring ocean sailing is hilarious.
While I certainly would make no claims about such endeavours, I do
know people who do it all the time. In fact the white haired fellow in
one of my vids does crossings every other year. He does it for the
love of sailing and the sea. I guess if it bored him he'd buy a
powerboat or let his lady lay out the terms of his sailing life for
him.
Sails do take some abuse at the bow and my gals are quick to run up
and free a sail hung on the line. A higher cut just gives up too much
for these types of boats. My new deck sweeping triradial will be here
in a day or two and it will behave the same way, though at 155% I
really bought it for light air reaching.
Trust me. All this talk about sailing rubs Doug the wrong way and it
shows with every one of his arrogant posts.

Cheers,

RB
35s5
NY