Matt Lang

Default Merc 1250 Impeller/waterspray - Clams? :)

Guys,

I got my Merc 1250 to run very well The funny thing is that the
first runs there was NO water coming out the little hole under the
power head but the cylinder heads were always as cold as water, never
got even warm at WOT.

Now there is water coming out the little hole but the heads get warm.
They are just about the temperature where I can still touch them
without getting burned.

Now my qyestions:

Do the heads have to be cold or can they be warm? Which is right?

As long as there is water coming out the little hole is the impeller
good and I dont have to worry? There isnt a solid stream coming out
like on my 97 25HO Merc its a little less it looks ....

I dont want to open the motor unless necessary as usually that leads
to a whole bunch of little things breaking or having to be replaced...

Matt