posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Heart of Gold Sails on...and on....

Even a beginner should be able to see that. The sail is
stalled and the boat is going sideways. Or are you claiming that's
normal?

Even if the sail was stalled, the 30/30 sure aint going sideways. This
is more proof you have no real sailing experience. In spite of being a
masthead rig, she's driven well by her main. That's why there's no
indication of her going sideways. Her wake is straight as an arrow,
CLEARLY shown in the video.
Oops. There goes Jeff's efforts!

yah, right. That's why you posted pictures of another boat, so we
wouldn't talk about it.

Notice how no one else jumped on your little effort? That's because
others can see the boat is sailing straight and they probably know
that a Santana 30/30 doesn't slide easily. You know nothing about the
boat and I bet you never sailed one...faster than a J30 or Express 30.

Not as funny as your inability to understand what's wrong.

It is funny! But I can see it. You're pushing 75 and it's all wrapping
up. I'm 44 and having more fun sailing than you can stand. I think
everyone can see that!

stop! stop! You're embarrassing yourself! Being over sheeted is
not
that big of a problem; not understanding what means is truly sad.

He's not oversheeted. You don't know what his course is relative to
the wind, except for a few seconds. Sorry. There's no evidence to
support you're silly comments. It's akin to you claiming how deep the
water was that day! Bwahahahahha!

Right - I've spent more time racing high performance boats than
you've
spent in boats in your life.

Yeah...a guy who bought a Nonsuch! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

And FWIW, my old Nonsuch could hold its own against any of your
previous boats.

BWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! Hey, Jeff...I sold a Nonsuch 30 and 36 and I
sailed the 30 They are nice boats, but get over yourself. We have a
few around and they are **** slow upwind in anything below 10 knots.
Upwind we pass a pretty 35 everytime we see her. Nobody buys a Nonsuch
for speed. In fact the tubby 36 is rated in the 158-165 area...slower
than a well sailed Catalina 34!

And maybe someday you'll be able to afford a boat as
fast as mine - if your daddy gives you some more money.

Well, Jeff...what boat did you own when you were 43 or 44? Was it a
65K boat? But if money really matters to you (and you always bring it
up), what will you do when we buy our new boat that costs more than
yours in two years? When Thomas tops 5 we plan to buy a DS style boat
over 40 feet. Guess that will really fry your bacon...if you're still
breathing in 2-3 years!

What is that supposed to mean?

It meant I'm younger than you. It meant that I'm outsailing you now
and in a race aboard J24's I'd leave you for dead. I'm certain of it.

I did more sailing that you have
by the time I was 20 years old.

Probably. I didn't sail until I was in my 30's. But that even further
demolishes your sad point. At your age, floating around with the
grandkids, what excuse do you have? Why aren't you making REAL
passages?

It's so pathetic that you're terrified of going out
overnight

Sharks feed at night!

, that you can't sail on the ocean because you get seasick

It's the smell of diesel from my leaky fuel lines, Jeff.

that you're too embarrassed to race

I'm not a lonely guy, Jeff. Racing is for the desperately wealthy or
the desperately lonely. I have a sex life...and enough cash to buy a
300K + boat in a few years.

that you don't even know the
basics of sailing.

Basic Sailing = Sail fun and safe your own way. Yup, I got it!

And now you're reduced to ranting "I'm better because I'm younger."

I guess I hit a live nerve. Who knew you had any left???!!!

BWAHAAHAHHAHA! KER-SLAM!!! I think you need non-sailing land-locked
Scotty Potty about now!

RB
35s5
NY