Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Battery Electrolyte..

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 02:38:26 +0000, Larry wrote:

Molesworth wrote in news:ukmole-
:

I postulated that the unavailablitity of battery distilled water

Wait! You said battery acid, before, didn't you?

Distilled water is available in every grocery store in the USA in many
forms. I make mine with a still in my kitchen to have clean drinking
water, free of government tampering, to drink.
http://www.waterwise.com/productcart...p?idproduct=24
It makes water with about .12ppm total dissolved solids, after passing
through the carbon post-filter. It doesn't even conduct electricity!

Sorry if I was confused about what you were looking for....

Brought back a memory buried for more than 40 years.
We had a sea-water cooled tank to draw off water from the deaerating
feed tank for the boiler make-up water. It was meant for water
testing. That water had already been triple distilled, and now it had
been well-cleaned of dissolved oxygen.
Tasteless. Don't know if it conducted, only that it was wet.
Shortly after coming aboard I tapped off a cup to drink, as it was the
coolest beverage in the fire room. A Cajun named Blanchard saw me
drinking it, and warned me "Don't drink that. Makes you **** hard."
Don't know about that, but since it was essentially tasteless, I just
took his advice anyway.

--Vic