posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Heart of Gold Sails on...and on....

* Capt. Rob wrote, On 8/20/2007 12:49 PM:
So you're claiming that the 30/30 is over-sheeted in order to slow
down for the dog in front of it?

The 30/30 is not oversheeted at all.

Oh my! Even a beginner should be able to see that. The sail is
stalled and the boat is going sideways. Or are you claiming that's
normal?

I was talking about the 35s5. You
can't even track this discussion, let alone any course.

yah, right. That's why you posted pictures of another boat, so we
wouldn't talk about it.

This is how everyone knows you have no experience sailing performance
boats. Your comments about sail trim are hilarious.

Not as funny as your inability to understand what's wrong.

It's like you
expect folks out for a spin on a fast boat should hang on to a
specific course and trim and that winds don't change every minute,
especially sailing to the bridges. That also proves that you probably
only motored in our area! Anyone who claims they can judge true
conditions or course from a few pics and vids is clearlly full of
crap!

stop! stop! You're embarrassing yourself! Being over sheeted is not
that big of a problem; not understanding what means is truly sad. You
should take some lessons, Bob, before you go sailing for real.

Face it, Jeff. Fast monohulls are a mystery to you. You owned slow
tubs before and now you sail a floating radiator.

Right - I've spent more time racing high performance boats than you've
spent in boats in your life.

Plus - sailing a high performance boat poorly doesn't actually count
as high performance sailing!

And FWIW, my old Nonsuch could hold its own against any of your
previous boats. And maybe someday you'll be able to afford a boat as
fast as mine - if your daddy gives you some more money.

Like I said....I'm doing more sailing on more boats and I'm WAY
younger than you.

What is that supposed to mean? You're a noob, a novice! You still
don't even know how to trim a sail! I did more sailing that you have
by the time I was 20 years old.

When I'm your age I sure hope to be doing more.
Oh...wait...I already am!

rant rant rant. It's so pathetic that you're terrified of going out
overnight, that you can't sail on the ocean because you get seasick,
that you're too embarrassed to race, that you don't even know the
basics of sailing.

And now you're reduced to ranting "I'm better because I'm younger."
What a jackass!