posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Heart of Gold Sails on...and on....

* Capt. Rob wrote, On 8/20/2007 11:26 AM:
Are you claiming the sails are trimmed properly?

Actually, they are trimmed ultra perfectly, but I've altered course so
I can stand easily and hold my camera for the movies and vids.

The sails are over-trimmed and the boat is moving sideways. Are
you
claiming that what they wanted to do?

I'm claiming nothing. You're the only one here silly enough to judge
sail trim for a course you can't see on a boat you're not on making a
course you don't know about!!! And you look dang foolish for it.

So you're not talking about the boat that you posted pictures of, the
one with the fender on the deck? I assumed your boat was too
horrific to even describe.

I think that thing is called a tiller, not a wheel.

Wow. Jeff you are really OLD. I'm at the WHEEL. Our 35s5 has a WHEEL.
The 30/30 has a tiller. Jeff, time for you meds.

So you're claiming that the 30/30 is over-sheeted in order to slow
down for the dog in front of it? Now that makes sense.

I've sailed about 30 days in that time, aboard 5-6 different boats.
And I didn't have to wait until I was 70 or 80 years old to do it. I'm
44, Jeff.
There isn't enough time in your life to catch me,

Catch you at what? Actually knowing how to sail? Its doubtful that
anyone will ever catch you doing that!