posted to alt.sailing.asa
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Heart of Gold Sails on...and on....

* Capt. Rob wrote, On 8/20/2007 9:44 AM:
As for Jeff's comment....
Could Jeff know anything at all about sail trim?

Are you claiming the sails are trimmed properly?

Doesn't sound like
it. No surprise there. I wonder what course he thinks we were on and
what mark we were making for.

The sails are over-trimmed and the boat is moving sideways. Are you
claiming that what they wanted to do?

I wonder if he worked out from the
camera angle that I'm behind the wheel?

I think that thing is called a tiller, not a wheel.

Sheeted in and 40%, but Jeff
can't reason out why?

Oh, I get it! They're showing how well the boat "points." Here's a
hint: making 30 degrees leeway doesn't really show off the boat at its
best.

Again, no surprise.

More pics and vids coming while Jeff waits for his next sailing break!

That will be in a few days, but I've been out for about 50 days in the
last 8 weeks.